Sunday 18 December 2016

Leaves, Acrylic on Canvas

I did this painting recently and made it entirely from my imagination. It went through a bit of trouble, but I liked the way it turned out in the end.
I used real acrylic paints (the ones in tubes) for this, and I loved them! They have such a smooth and lovely finish, so good for blending, and quick drying! They're easy to clean up (unlike oils) and fun to paint with. I may sound a bit over-excited, but I really, really enjoyed painting with acrylics, and I plan to use them in future.
(It may be useful to mention here that I used blue and yellow paint to make green, and to show the darker and lighter areas, I just increased the amount of blue or yellow.)



3 comments:

  1. Wow this canvas painting is gorgeous, Fatima!! And you created it entirely from your imagination (which is something I wish I could do)! :D Acrylic paints are definitely fun to paint with! I have several boxes of them but I rarely ever find the time to use them unfortunately! D: And gosh I didn't know until you mentioned it that you mixed blue and yellow - it's such a perfect green, it really doesn't show! I love the swirls in the leaves and the imperfect, realistic stalks! Did you look at real leaves before you painted this? I also really like how you've made the centre line spreading across each leaf more yellow - it looks so real! :D This painting captures a simple aspect of nature but it's so effective! This is the kind of beautiful abstract painting I'd wish to have in my room!

    Keep up the wonderful work Fatima! <3 (And sorry I'm late commenting on your posts! I'll get to your writing blog soon too since you've also made a book review on Life of Pi! 8D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got really inspired by this! I drew something similar, a tree branch. That is one of my best drawings yet. And it is all thanks to you for the idea!



    P.S. Please visit my blog. Its called My Sweet Story Dunya!

    ReplyDelete